bigmuffler22
Visiting Guest
carauto

can you tell me how to bridg my amp thats in my truck

Old 12-31-05, 12:54 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check your owner's manual and make sure that

the amp can be bridged before you begin. Also, make sure that your speaker(s) have the correct impedance (ohms) for the amp, don't go lower than recommended-higher is ok.

Look closely at the amp where the speaker connections are, usually you'll see the word "bridged" with a line on each side. Connect one speaker wire where each line ends, generally it's the two outside connectors (one positive and one negative). Leave the other connectors empty, usually the amp will handle everything internally, in any case you will only have two wires connected for bridged mode.

The may also be a recessed slide switch for bridged mode, if you have one it should be marked, not all amps will have this switch-most will sense automatically.

If you have a 4 channel amp, then take a look at the owner's manual. My 4 channel can only be bridged to make 2 channels. I can't bridge all 4 into one channel. Each amp will be different though.

If you post the manufacturer and model # of the amp, we can be more specific with our help.

I hope this helped!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: