Another Ford down

Old 01-04-06, 12:33 PM
X2C
Visiting Guest
Another Ford down

I have been working on this car for 3-4 days Here is whats going on when the car is in a damp condition it will not fire off but if your in a dry condition it will fire up .Know with it wet out all it does is turn over but I can pop start it and it runs fine there are know codes in the ecm and it runs mint when you pop start it and it starts running any ideas?

Old 01-04-06, 01:13 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cranks but won't start when wet. Need year and model please. And what is pop-start? Is that a rolling-pop-the clutch start?

Old 01-04-06, 01:16 PM
X2C
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Cranks but won't start when wet. Need year and model please. And what is pop-start? Is that a rolling-pop-the clutch start?
Sorry about that I should have know better its a 1998 ford contour w/2.5 v6 and your right about the pop start were you get the car moving then let the clutch out.

Old 01-04-06, 05:52 PM
No reason to believe that new plugs and a tune up won't help. The wet conditions, 100 percent humidity, can make it harder to combust the fuel so you need a good ignition system to overcome those things. Pop starting works because it turns the engine over much faster than a starter motor and helps overcome starting problems slightly.

Old 01-05-06, 05:50 AM
I
Does this car have a regular distributor or a distributorless ignition?

Old 01-05-06, 07:24 AM
X2C
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Icondude
Does this car have a regular distributor or a distributorless ignition?
Distributorless

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: