proper distributer install 97 tahoe 5.7

Old 01-05-06, 06:42 PM
proper distributer install 97 tahoe 5.7

I did lower intake gaskets. I had to remove my distributer. I only marked the position of the distributer not the roter. Now the truck will barely start and the check engine light is on. How do I get It back to normal?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-06, 07:26 PM
get the engine to top dead center and then re-stab your distributor with the rotor pointing at where the #1 plug tower (on the distributor cap) should be and re-align where you marked the distributor. That should get you really close, you may have to hook a timing light up to it to fine tune it.

Old 01-05-06, 08:09 PM
thanks for the info

Old 01-06-06, 05:54 AM
Important: If a check engine light is illuminated after installing the distributor and a DTC P1345 is found, the distributor has been installed incorrectly.

The distributor has to be in a specific position. You cannot turn these ones to adjust timing, as you could with the old style ones. If it is not dead on, you will get a check engine light. If this happens, let me know. I have the proper procedure sitting infront of me.

Old 01-06-06, 03:02 PM
I have no computer to check codes with, so I don't know if i'm getting
DTC P1345. But i'm pretty sure I installed the distributer wrong. Mr Dummas pls check your pm's

Old 01-06-06, 05:57 PM
Mrjs80, PM me your email address, I also sent you a pm.