'88 Ford Ranger fuel/electrical

Old 01-08-06, 12:51 PM
'88 Ford Ranger fuel/electrical

I'm hoping for some help with a 1988 Ford Ranger, 2 wheel drive with the 2.9 liter V6 fuel injected engine and a 5 speed manual tranny. The truck was running fine and then just quit. There's no fuel pressure, but it seems as if the fuel pumps (there are 2; a low pressure in tank and a high pressure on the rail) are OK (did the 12 volt test and both ran). I replaced the fuel pump relay on general principal, and tested the inertia switch which seems OK. There is a switch on the clutch master cylinder rod which seems to have the fuel system power wires running through it (orange/w blue stripe) that I thought was the neutral switch, but it doesn't match any of the descriptions in the local parts store catalogs. Does anyone know if this could be the problem, or of anything else I should check?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-06, 04:40 PM
Are you saying that there is a problem in the fuel pump circuit that is preventing the pumps from energizing?

Old 01-09-06, 05:57 PM
Yes, there is a problem getting power to the fuel system, and so far I haven't been able to isolate it.

Old 01-10-06, 02:22 PM
As far as I know, its just the ignition switch, then to the pump.

Search this Thread