Buick Fuel Problem?

Old 01-08-06, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Buick Fuel Problem?

oops I think i posted this in the RV section to sorry.....

My Mother in Law has a 2000 Buick Lasabre (top of the line) less than 80,000km when it sits for more than a day it is very hard to start. It rolls over and wants to go but seems like it is starved for fuel. We never give it the gas pedal when starting. If it was carburated i would say the bowl was empting. It had a full recent tune-up by the dealer less than 4 months ago, all filters were changed etc. It sits in a heated garage.Therefore we are thinking it may be a bad injector or something, and boy when it does start does it ever stink, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-06, 08:08 PM
were the o2 sensors and fuel pump changed?

Old 01-08-06, 09:12 PM
ASEPartsman
Visiting Guest
How does it run once it is started? I am assuming that the shop replaced ALL of the filters and spark plugs with OE replacements. How long does it take to eventually start? Any variables make it better or worse?

Old 01-08-06, 11:52 PM
you said it stinks after you get it started, what type of smell does it make, could you have a bad cat. Does it smell like rotten eggs? Has the service engine soon light come on?

Old 01-09-06, 07:02 AM
check battery

do yiou hear the f pump run about 3 sec after you turn the key to run?

check the bat. maybe enough jiuce for starter but no enough for computer

Old 01-09-06, 04:10 PM
poof
Visiting Guest
(1)Have your mechanic check the fuel pressure regulator and see if there is fuel on the vacuum side (2) Also see if the coolant level is low,you may have an upper and or lower intake manifold leak,do a pressure test,good luck

Old 01-12-06, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by chevyastro4x4
were the o2 sensors and fuel pump changed?
No I dont think they were changed, I will ask and find out for sure, I think she just had a tune-up by the local dealership.

Old 01-12-06, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by ASEPartsman
How does it run once it is started? I am assuming that the shop replaced ALL of the filters and spark plugs with OE replacements. How long does it take to eventually start? Any variables make it better or worse?
Once it started it ran fine, there were no problems, however it has happened more than one time. All parts were genuine dealership parts. It took about 4 -5 minutes to start. Sorry female here what do you mean by variables?

Old 01-12-06, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by zzzz1486
you said it stinks after you get it started, what type of smell does it make, could you have a bad cat. Does it smell like rotten eggs? Has the service engine soon light come on?
The smell is gasoline, as if the car is flooded. The engine light does not come on.

Old 01-12-06, 07:07 PM
Thankyou all so much for your replies, I will pass this information on, atleast now we have something to work with. Will re post when solution is diagnosed.