Cruise Control

Old 01-08-06, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cruise Control

Hello, I have a 92 Plymouth Grand Voyager with a 3.3 V-6, auto no abs and cruise. For some time now when you engage the cruise nothing happens but now and then it will engage. After you have driven a while (5 or 10 miles) it will dis-engage by itself. Would this be an electrical problem or a vacuumn problem. Ive tracked down all the electrical wires I can find and all seem ok but the vacuumn systen is a bit foggy to me. Where do I begin? Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-06, 06:15 AM
I would be looking for a vacuum leak. If it's anything like my Ford Cruise control from the same time frame, there is a vacuum dump valve at the gas pedal. If you have one, check to see if it's leaking any vacuum. It's my #1 place to look for a vacuum leak in that system since my experience with similiar vacuum devices are not particularly reliable.

Old 01-10-06, 04:21 PM
cruise control

Thank you very much for the info. I checked all the vacuumn lines I could find with a vacuumn pump and couldnt find a leak at all. I went back to checking wiring and think maybe it might be the brake light switch. Will play with that for a bit and let you know what I find. Again, thanks very much.