Coolant Loss

Old 01-19-06, 07:58 AM
Question Coolant Loss

My 2001 Volvo V-70 XC, 2.4 engine looses coolant to the extent that about every 4 months the low coolant level light comes on. I usually have to add a couple of pints. I have never been able to ascertain where it goes. The system remains well pressurized, the car has never overheated, there is no sign of water in the engine oil, tranny fluid nor oil in the coolant. I canít see any sign of hose leaks. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-06, 10:50 AM
I use stop leak for stuff like that. It works for me, get the kind wiuth the pellets, and I would not add the whole bottle either. Try 1/3 a bottle and see if that works. If it doesn't try adding some more. I have had great success with stop leak, but I try not to add any more than I absolutely have to (hopefully for obvious reasons).

Old 01-19-06, 11:24 AM
I Wouldnt Use That Stuff, I Just Had To Replace A Rad And Water Pump Because That Crap Builds Up And Stops Water From Flowing And Plugs It Up.

Old 01-19-06, 09:19 PM
same here, it ends up stopping (all little holes remember are in the cooling system) it up.

Old 01-20-06, 01:53 AM
not me either

That stuff plugs up everything and never comes out.I would not use it either unless the car is going to the scrap heap soon anyway.

Search this Thread