dodge ram van 1996-no spark!

Old 01-21-06, 08:05 AM
dodge ram van 1996-no spark!

Recently I installed a reground crankshaft kit on my van.The van sat for 8 months before installation.All work was done from underneath.Transmission was seperated to do install.New timing gears installed,replaced alternator,charged battery with terminals off,turns over well,but no spark or fuel.Checked coil(ok),no voltage to the coil,checked relays and fuses(ok),I don't understand what auto shut down component is(could it be my problem?),checked ohms on crankshaft position sensor(ok),nuetral safety(ok).Help would be appreciated with this problem.Where could I be losing my current?Is it possibly a bad computer?If so could someone tell me how to check it ,I only have a voltmeter/ohmeter/continuiity tester.Or someone tell me the series of current flow form the battery to the coil?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-06, 03:49 PM
Since the trans was separated from engine and the crank sensor is mounted on the back of the engine, I'd look at the crank sensor harness for posible of pinched between the bell housing and engine.

Old 01-22-06, 06:47 AM
Unhappy crank sensor

Thanks for the reply!I probed crank sensor wires and it appears to be good.Any other advice would be apprieciated.

Search this Thread