Headlamp problem?

Old 01-27-06, 05:03 PM
Headlamp problem?

98 Ford E350.

The right low beam is not working but high beam does. Just replaced the bulb thinking that was the problem but the old bulb is fine and the new bulb has the same problem. I also just replaced the multifunction switch for a different problem (right turn signal only working in momentary position). If the headlight switch were bad would this only affect the low beam or would both low and high. Is there something else I should check?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-06, 05:57 PM
If your left low beam works, but the right low beam does not, then trace the wire back to a fault. Most likely fault location is the headlamp socket itself. If the low beam socket reads zero volts, then pin prick the wire insulation a foot back from the plug and retest for voltage. These headlamp sockets can be purchased at the auto supply.

If you installed any after market items, please mention them.

Old 01-28-06, 04:11 PM
I found the problem shortly after posting last night but forgot to get back to the forums. Turns out the headlights are fused separately (both high and low). I would never have thought that but I actually broke out the owners manual and checked.

Thanks for the help...