1990 Ford Ranger with 650 H.P

Old 01-28-06, 06:35 PM
1990 Ford Ranger with 650 H.P

Not really but wanted to ask if anyone here knows how to go about changing the headlight lamp on my 4.0 V6 165 H.P Ford Ranger, my lens was faded to a point where I can't see as well as I need to so i went out today and bought a new lamp, the lamp sits behind the lens I suppose, first question, I see that the headlight lamp is smaller than the lens so I assume I must use the outside lens after changing the lamp?
My second question is how do you remove the molding and the lens to get to the headlight lamp...
Sorry if I got you to my post with me saying I had 650 H.P, but I'm sure most of you know that would be impossible...

Thanks again,
Kevin

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-06, 07:45 PM
if your lens cover is faded changing the bulb will not fix the problem unless you buy an ultrabright bulb which will help a lot
you can "polish " the outside of the lens with a special paste the sell at autozone is only 99 cents for 1/2 oz you'll need at least 2 of these.
Now to change the bulb see if you can take old bulb out without taking the whole casing out,if you do need to take the headlight out it's usually a couple screws located on top of it,most likely you'll need a hex tip or similar for your screwdriver.
On your other thread, based on my experience Ford's have a noisy steering pump, I don't think there's much to do it about it, some people talk about some kind of additive to fix it but I've never tried before, I quit having Fords many moons ago simply got tired of 'em too much trouble too often.
Based on personal experience/not intended as expert advice.

Old 01-28-06, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the info, do you know what the paste is called?
I saw tonight at Walmart that they sold just the buld itself or you can buy the entire lamp which is what I bought, the lamp goes under the lens cap but I guess if the lens is faded it won't do much good to change the lamp.
I love Ford trucks wouldn't own any other truck, but I would never own a car made by Ford simply because I don't like the looks of them, my wife always drives a car made by GM
Thanks gain,
Kevin

Old 01-28-06, 07:54 PM
i don't have the name of it but it's located right next to all the bulbs and headlamps, a small packet almost like a ketchup one but little bigger, if you can't find it you can also try regular car polish ( polish only not wax ) but is not as good.

Old 01-28-06, 08:24 PM
Thanks, I'll try Auto-Zone tomorrow

Kevin