1999 Jeep Wrangler

Old 10-22-05, 08:44 AM
frannie16662
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 1999 Jeep Wrangler

I have a 1999 Jeep Wrangler. I now have a problem. The gauges all quit working, the airbag light came on and the ck eng. light came on-in that order. Then they all started working and the lights went off. Problem, this keeps happening. The odometer is digital and when this happens, the words "Codebu5(or S) pops up. When it stops, my mileage reappears. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 10-22-05, 01:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Go by your nearest Auto Zone and have them read the codes (it's free). Should have something stored if the check engine light came on. Post back here what they give you.

Old 10-22-05, 01:29 PM
frannie16662
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
Go by your nearest Auto Zone and have them read the codes (it's free). Should have something stored if the check engine light came on. Post back here what they give you.
Took it by Auto Zone. No such code. They said there was nothing showing up. Another dealer said it could be a short in the system somewhere.Thanks

Old 10-22-05, 05:53 PM
CarputerGuy
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by frannie16662
They said there was nothing showing up.
Does that mean there was nothing showing up, or there were no trouble codes?
If "nothing" showed up than you may have a problem with the computer...if the check engine light was on then there must be a trouble code(s).
Sound like some major malfunctions...I'd recommend taking it to a good dealer on this one, no aftermarket shop is going to have the proper equipment and knowledge for this. They'll only guess at parts and end up costing you more. Let us know what the problem was, would you?

Old 02-06-06, 09:18 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
bang the dash

I have the same problem w/my '99 wrangler. I just bang the panel and it goes back to normal- I guess its some kind of short. I've heard many other mention the same problem and (pseudo) solution.

Old 02-08-06, 07:30 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
whenever I have heard of this it seems to have been a bad connection in the instrument panel connector in the back. The chrysler data bus has a cow when this happens. That is why banging on the dash will sometimes fix the bad connection for a little bit.

Eric

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: