91 ford explorer rear brakes sticking

Old 02-09-06, 03:39 PM
vinstrom
Visiting Guest
Arrow 91 ford explorer rear brakes sticking

when i apply my brakes the rear's stick/won't release....is it the proportioning valve or could it be the wheel cylinders or even the master cylinder? they release after driving a few feet but then lock agian as soon as i aply them agian...no if i jack up the rear ..remove the wheels ,put in gear the brakes angage but will not dis-engage, i have to loosen the bleeder valve ....both sides on the rear do this...any help would be great...

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-06, 04:22 AM
first you should inspect the rear brakes and hardware to make sure the springs and hardware are still in good condition and not broken, then inspect the shoes and check to make sure they are installed correctly, primary shoe in the front secondary in the rear. check for leaks around the wheel cylinders and axle seals, once the rear brakes are in good working condition if the problem still exists you should try replacing the rear brake hose first to see if it fixes the problem.

Old 02-10-06, 04:32 PM
Red face our442

Originally Posted by vinstrom
when i apply my brakes the rear's stick/won't release....is it the proportioning valve or could it be the wheel cylinders or even the master cylinder? they release after driving a few feet but then lock agian as soon as i aply them agian...no if i jack up the rear ..remove the wheels ,put in gear the brakes angage but will not dis-engage, i have to loosen the bleeder valve ....both sides on the rear do this...any help would be great...
Check to see if shoes are diging into back plate as this happens on lots on trucks. some grease on back plate where matal on metal happens.