Dome light

Old 02-16-06, 10:49 AM
Dome light

I have a 97 Ford Taurus. The problem I'm having is this. The dome light stays on while the car is running or not. The light on the dashboard is telling me that a door is open but, none are open. Also, if the door is closed with the key in the ignition and not running, the bell goes off telling me the key is in the ignition and the door is open. I have made sure that the dimmer switch for the speedo light is not on but, it also has a switch for the light on the dome light it self. Almost like it has two switches for the same light. The car had an alarm on it and it was removed six months ago. I don't remember if this problem happened before the alarm was removed. The car was bought used. Although, the alarm was going off alot. That is why the alarm was removed.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-06, 11:24 AM
dome light... one more thing

I disconnected the plug in the door for the lock inside the door (where it locks to the striker bolt on the B pilar) all this did was stop the bell ringing but did not do anything for the dome or dash light.

Old 02-16-06, 11:24 AM
You could have a sticky door latch so we'll tackle that first. Get a can of WD40 with the tube inserted, spray it up into the door latch with one hand while you work the latch with the other. Might have to do this a couple of times. Make sure the tube is pointed at the latching mechanism.

If this does not work you may need a new switch for the latch.