Coolant leak-Intrigue

Old 02-16-06, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Coolant leak-Intrigue

I thought I submitted a thread yesterday but can not find it today so I will ask for help again. I have a 98 Old Intrigue. I took it to a radiator place and they said its not leaking. I end up adding a quart or so a week and it seems to be getting worse. It does not leak all the time. Pretty sure its not the hoses, water pump or intake manifold. The leak comes from somewhere near the power steering pump. I can not pinpoint where it comes from. I see nothing from the top but when I get under the car the power steering is the area where it starts. Is anyone familiar with a leak like this or what it might be? I do not know enough to know what would be in this area to leak. Thanks for you help.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-06, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trust3752
I thought I submitted a thread yesterday but can not find it today so I will ask for help again. I have a 98 Old Intrigue. I took it to a radiator place and they said its not leaking. I end up adding a quart or so a week and it seems to be getting worse. It does not leak all the time. Pretty sure its not the hoses, water pump or intake manifold. The leak comes from somewhere near the power steering pump. I can not pinpoint where it comes from. I see nothing from the top but when I get under the car the power steering is the area where it starts. Is anyone familiar with a leak like this or what it might be? I do not know enough to know what would be in this area to leak. Thanks for you help.
On GM cars near power steering pump is a long tub with a screw on top for bleading air out. At bottom of it is a o ring that my be leaking.