01' Blazer Heat.

Old 02-17-06, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
01' Blazer Heat.

Ok guys. I need your help once again.

My wife is going to strangle me if I don't fix her heat and I'm going to blame you guys so she'll kill you all instead.

The anti-freeze is full, the temp gauge reads around 210. One heater hose feels pretty warm yet the other feels cool.

2001 Blazer 4X4
4.3L Vortec

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-06, 02:55 PM
diagnosticmonke
Visiting Guest
T_stat ??????

Sounds like a sticky heater control valve to me. Also check t-stat. Lets hope the heater core is not plugged.

Old 02-17-06, 04:34 PM
Engine HOT, Heater NOT?

I agree, little or no coolant flow thru heater core. Try disconnecting hoses and backflushing with a garden hose and like monke said, check the valve and thermostat.

Old 02-17-06, 07:47 PM
Yup, very common problem with these trucks. As stated, remove the heater core hoses from the engine and flush the heater core out both ways untill pure water is seen.

Old 02-17-06, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by mattison
Ok guys. I need your help once again.

My wife is going to strangle me if I don't fix her heat and I'm going to blame you guys so she'll kill you all instead.

The anti-freeze is full, the temp gauge reads around 210. One heater hose feels pretty warm yet the other feels cool.

2001 Blazer 4X4
4.3L Vortec
Back flush heater. Sounds like air lock in heater core. Buy back flush kit at parts store.

Old 02-17-06, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by our442
Back flush heater. Sounds like air lock in heater core. Buy back flush kit at parts store.
I have done over 60 of s10 and s15 GM trucks. Back flush and you will feel the heat. I live in Canada and its cold here in the north.

Old 02-18-06, 07:55 AM
Thanks guys. It's 28 out, but I'll give it a shot.

Old 02-19-06, 07:32 AM
Update: You guys hit it right on the head. Thanks for the tip. It now is nice and toasty in her Blazer and she will stop threatening to drive my truck.

Old 02-19-06, 09:43 AM
Make that two!
Flushing the heater core saved my butt today, too. I removed the heater hoses on the engine side and stuffed a couple of old washing machine hoses into the heater hoses (after cutting off the male ends). Threaded the garden hose on,and backflushed into a bucket, then switched to the other hose. All done inside and fairly neatly. It was thirteen degrees here when I started, so doing it inside saved a lot of hassle. Whew!!