Power steering belt on 1996 Rodeo

Old 02-21-06, 10:16 AM
Question Power steering belt on 1996 Rodeo

...I am trying to change this belt but I cant get the bolt to loosin. Is there anything I can try
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-06, 01:18 PM
Soak the bolt with WD-40 (or any type of penetrating grease) and let it set for a few minutes. Then, the easiest way I have found to loosen a hard bolt is to put the open end of the wrench on the bolt (with the circular portion towards you). Place a piece of rod through the hole on the other end of the wrench and use it for the additionl leverage. It will still be hard but it should turn for you.
Watch those knuckles though. Once it gives you will probably but them on something. Hope that helps.

Old 02-21-06, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by snevans
Soak the bolt with WD-40 (or any type of penetrating grease) and let it set for a few minutes. Then, the easiest way I have found to loosen a hard bolt is to put the open end of the wrench on the bolt (with the circular portion towards you). Place a piece of rod through the hole on the other end of the wrench and use it for the additionl leverage. It will still be hard but it should turn for you.
Watch those knuckles though. Once it gives you will probably but them on something. Hope that helps.
Allso tap wrench with hammer in counter clockwise in short hard blows .This will be like a inpact gun.

Old 02-21-06, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Humpersmom
...I am trying to change this belt but I cant get the bolt to loosin. Is there anything I can try
thanks

whoa whoa wait what bolt ? 1996 model should have a tensioner pulley right ? no need to loose anything then...