NY, cannot do emission test, infiniti I30

Old 02-23-06, 10:40 AM
NY, cannot do emission test, infiniti I30

I have a 1997 Infiniti I30, 96,000 miles. I just had the rear o2 sensor changed but when I do an inspection for the emissions the computer reads "not ready." The mechanic tells me the computer has not reset. Does anybody know how to solve this problem. He told me to drive for 45 minutes at 40 miles per hour, no faster or slower. I have put 300 miles on the car since I changed the o2 sensor, so it seems to me nothing will change.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-06, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by infinitiguy
I have a 1997 Infiniti I30, 96,000 miles. I just had the rear o2 sensor changed but when I do an inspection for the emissions the computer reads "not ready." The mechanic tells me the computer has not reset. Does anybody know how to solve this problem. He told me to drive for 45 minutes at 40 miles per hour, no faster or slower. I have put 300 miles on the car since I changed the o2 sensor, so it seems to me nothing will change.

Can anyone help?

Best bet would be to have it scanned so they can clear the codes at your local autoparts store, they usually do it for free, you can also try disconnecting battery for a while to reset everything.

Old 02-23-06, 01:53 PM
Do not have the codes cleared or disconnect the battery

Drive like you were told, in NY for your year you can have two "NOT READY" monitors and still pass.

Doing the above sets all to "NOT READY"

Old 02-23-06, 02:25 PM
What ever you do, DO NOT clear the code, if you do, you''' go back to "not ready" status again, just drive it normally as you would for a few days or a week then come back and retest it.