93 grand am stall at Red light?

Old 02-23-06, 11:37 AM
big Don
Visiting Guest
93 grand am stall at Red light?

I have a 93 grand am quad 4 that stall a red lights not all just some it don't seem to care for. It goes to running ruff as you slow down to stop, thens dies will crank up after 6 or7 trys and all the nice drivers behind laying on their horn.Going to put sign in rear window if I can go I will.But would like to take care of the problem was told could be throttle censor.Do you agree if so where would it be located.Thanks inadvance

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-06, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by big Don
I have a 93 grand am quad 4 that stall a red lights not all just some it don't seem to care for. It goes to running ruff as you slow down to stop, thens dies will crank up after 6 or7 trys and all the nice drivers behind laying on their horn.Going to put sign in rear window if I can go I will.But would like to take care of the problem was told could be throttle censor.Do you agree if so where would it be located.Thanks inadvance

Buy the Haynes Manual for your car, it'll tell you the location of pretty much anything in your car, have it scanned to check for stored codes, autozone will scan it for free, the book is about $ 12.

Old 02-23-06, 02:49 PM
A thottle position sensor is a possibilty. Another possible problem is an EGR valve not closing at idle or when you slow down. Check for vaccum and air leaks. Here is how to check for codes: http://www.troublecodes.net/GM/

Old 02-23-06, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by big Don
Check PVC valve and hose plus gas filter air filter.