99 Lumina Side Mirror Broken (LH) Driver

Old 02-23-06, 04:39 PM
99 Lumina Side Mirror Broken (LH) Driver

Hi,
My wife just came home with a broken side view mirror (LH) driver side on a 99 Lumina. The mirror is an electric power driven. I see on the web it is $50. It is dark outside and the motor goes on to the mirror but the mirror cover is smashed and the mirror is in the house.
I assume I have to buy the mirror as the whole unit. Is it hard to replace? Can I replace it without taking the side panel to the door off?
If I have to take the door side panel should I buy extra clips before I start. Also, the ones on the web are black and the car is green. Will duplicolor at AutoZone do the trick or should I go to Sherwin Williams automotive store as I had to when my son cracked the bumper cover?
I apprecate any help in advance.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-06, 05:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, they come as a complete unit. Yes, you will have to remove the side panel to get to the bolts and to the wiring harness. Yes, it's a good idea to have some extra clips. A few will undoubably break. Aerosol paint is a close match, but if you insist on a perfect match, then you need custom mixed, and a sprayer to apply it.

Old 02-24-06, 09:32 AM
Thanks Goldstar