4Runner Power window

Old 02-24-06, 08:15 PM
4Runner Power window

I have a Toyota 4Runner with a front passenger side window that will not go up or down properly. The window goes up and down very slowly. Sometimes so weakly that it needs a little help to get it started. Whenever it does go down or up, it does not track straight and leaves a gap on one side when it's it the up position.
Is this likely to be a problem with the motor, or more likely something with the tracking of the window? any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-06, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by tool73
I have a Toyota 4Runner with a front passenger side window that will not go up or down properly. The window goes up and down very slowly. Sometimes so weakly that it needs a little help to get it started. Whenever it does go down or up, it does not track straight and leaves a gap on one side when it's it the up position.
Is this likely to be a problem with the motor, or more likely something with the tracking of the window? any help appreciated.

was door hit or forced in any way ? not too sure about whole mechanism but rails shouldn't just get bent for no reason, inspect switch and check motor too,take door panel off,usually easy to do,hard to believe but once I fixed a switch but spraying wd-40 on it

Old 02-24-06, 08:27 PM
no, the door was never hit or forced that I'm aware of. It just seems to be tracking improperly which is slowing it down. It's the same result from the drivers side or passenger side switch.

Old 02-25-06, 01:53 AM
lube it

Start by lubing the whole thing remove inside door panel and check it out and were window moves and piviots spray some LPS 2 or greese on it.
Also spray silicone spray were window rides in the track on the upper door part.(you do not need to take door apart to do this).do not get spray on the glass have window down in the door when you do this part.
Does it get better with warm weather?if so your window motor might be getting weak.Just take a look inside for anything a miss use a flashlight if required.