2001 Ford Explorer- Starting problems

Old 02-25-06, 01:25 PM
frza21
Visiting Guest
2001 Ford Explorer- Starting problems

I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4.0L 6cylinder. I have owned this since it was new and it has just started give me a little problem when i start it. When i turn the key, i just a fast clicking noice. After i try a few times it barely starts. This just started happening last night. Could it be the Battery? i have an amp and speakers in it and have never changed the battery. Or could it be the starter?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-06, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by frza21
I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4.0L 6cylinder. I have owned this since it was new and it has just started give me a little problem when i start it. When i turn the key, i just a fast clicking noice. After i try a few times it barely starts. This just started happening last night. Could it be the Battery? i have an amp and speakers in it and have never changed the battery. Or could it be the starter?
My gess is battery. Check with volt meeter and check voltage at battery with engine running. 13-15 is norm. If lower replacs alternator and if volts are in range replace battory. Hope this helps.

Old 02-25-06, 02:20 PM
battery

I concur a 2001 vintage battery is very near the battery grave yard Batterys now days last abot 3-5 years
Stick a new battery in clean the posts this should fix your problem and you will have a new battery good for another 3-5 years.

Search this Thread