Ford Taurus ac/heat blower

Old 02-26-06, 06:59 PM
Ford Taurus ac/heat blower

hi,
i have a 95 3.6 taurus wagon with ac/heat blower trouble.
about a week ago the blower was working fine. i stopped for a few minutes & when i started the car up again, the ac/heat blower was on high speed & it couldn't be lowered or turned off. As of a couple days ago, i turned off the car, & at start up, the fan wasn't blowing.
there are push buttons & a hi/low wheel, with a digital display.

any help with this would be greatly appeciated.
thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-06, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by 95FordWagon
hi,
i have a 95 3.6 taurus wagon with ac/heat blower trouble.
about a week ago the blower was working fine. i stopped for a few minutes & when i started the car up again, the ac/heat blower was on high speed & it couldn't be lowered or turned off. As of a couple days ago, i turned off the car, & at start up, the fan wasn't blowing.
there are push buttons & a hi/low wheel, with a digital display.

any help with this would be greatly appeciated.
thank you
Check blower motor resistor assembly mounted on the evaporator case under right side of the dash.Check thermal limiter in assembly for short or burnd out. Good luck.

Old 02-26-06, 08:04 PM
what is a resister assembly & a thermal imiter?
also, thanks for a very fast reply.

Old 02-26-06, 11:07 PM
what is a resister assembly & a thermal imiter?
also, thanks for a very fast reply.
Thermal limiter sets temp. and resister assembly is for fan speed. Best to by a shop manual to help you with this job.

Old 02-28-06, 01:08 PM
hi there 442,
i picked up a haynes manual today at auto zone. ok, i can now see what & where a resister assembly is located, but the book says nothing about testing it. is there a way to test it or is it just a visual inspection to see if it is in fact the problem i am having?
thanks

Old 03-14-06, 01:33 AM
Blower Resistor

hi again 442,
thanks for solving the problem :-)
i called a few part stores & the last one i called said it is a dealer only part.... sooooo, i call ford & it would have to be ordered, but i'd have to come in a pay first. i say ok how much would that be? he says $239.95 plus tax. i was shocked, followed by a BIG gasp, then said WHOAAAAA!!!!! for that little part??? needless to say, i told him "thanks but no thanks" that i will get one from a salvage yard, because i want to be certain that this is the problem.

i swear, if i had false teeth, i probably would have had them in my lungs or lodged in my throat when he told me how much it was! lol

anyway, i FINALLY got to get one on saturday & put it in, & it WORKS again thanks to you!!!!! i am going to get a spare, (since it's used) because no telling when or if i may need another one. florida is just too darned HOT to be w/out the ac working.

thanks again so very MUCH!!!!!

Old 03-14-06, 10:07 AM
Sorry I did not see your last posting about how to test unit. Yes thay cost a lot.( Must be made of gold.) Glad I was able to help. Yours Truly 442

Old 03-15-06, 09:44 AM
hi there 442,
i picked up a haynes manual today at auto zone. ok, i can now see what & where a resister assembly is located, but the book says nothing about testing it. is there a way to test it or is it just a visual inspection to see if it is in fact the problem i am having?
thanks
yeah you need the chilton manual if you're going to diagnose parts. wal mart has em.