repairing window motor

Old 02-26-06, 10:32 PM
repairing window motor

my sons 96 thunderbird keeps blowing fuses. he took it to the ford garage and they told him the passenger door thing that makes the windows work wasnt working and when he used his remote to open his door it blew fuses inside the car interior lights,etc. they called it an actuater or something like that. they said it would cost $100.00 plus that much labor to fix. they put a new fuse in it temporarily and it works but it will blow again . how much of a job is this to take the door panel off of a 96 t-bird to get to this thing and replace it? i have had door panels off before.sometimes its like anything else any have any experience with this? thanks for any input. does this sound like the remedy to you?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-06, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Roeboat109
my sons 96 thunderbird keeps blowing fuses. he took it to the ford garage and they told him the passenger door thing that makes the windows work wasnt working and when he used his remote to open his door it blew fuses inside the car interior lights,etc. they called it an actuater or something like that. they said it would cost $100.00 plus that much labor to fix. they put a new fuse in it temporarily and it works but it will blow again . how much of a job is this to take the door panel off of a 96 t-bird to get to this thing and replace it? i have had door panels off before.sometimes its like anything else any have any experience with this? thanks for any input. does this sound like the remedy to you?
Not to hard But buy a shop manual before starting this job. It will have some good tips and short cuts in it. Good luck and hope this helps.

Old 02-27-06, 05:24 AM
Group Moderator
I woud rate a window motor as an "intermediate" level car repair. Not rocket science, but a bit more involved than changing the spark plugs (which on some cars, of course, IS rocket science).