cruise cont.

Old 02-28-06, 12:04 AM
cruise cont.

I have a 98 chevy cheyeanne 3/4 ton p/u w/ 4.3L and the cruise would work sometimes , now not at all. the book says to check the brake switch, but if the brake sw. was bad wouldnt the brake lights not work? Ive checked the fuse. now back when it was working sometimes, if i pulled the c.c. fuse to check it, and put it back, the cruise would work. very strange.
Anyways my question is, where do i go next. Im pretty knowledgeable when it comes to this crap, but ive never dealt w/ cruise controll.
so any input would be greatly appreciated.
thanx. Dirty

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-06, 05:35 PM
First off I'm not a car guy (as I'm sure will show). You said before when you removed the fuse and then replaced it the cruise would start working again? Is it possible that something is wrong with the fuse box itself? I know it's a far shot but maybe pressing the fuse back in fixed a loose or bad connection for a short time?

As far as the brake switch goes, if it was that then I think the brake lights should be on all the time. As far as I know when the switch is activated the lights come on and the cruise shuts off (that's why a bad switch could prevent the cruise from working). Also if this were the problem I THINK you would be able to put the car in gear without having to actualy step on the brake because the car would think that the brakes were on.

Byam

Old 03-01-06, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by dirty
I have a 98 chevy cheyeanne 3/4 ton p/u w/ 4.3L and the cruise would work sometimes , now not at all. the book says to check the brake switch, but if the brake sw. was bad wouldnt the brake lights not work? Ive checked the fuse. now back when it was working sometimes, if i pulled the c.c. fuse to check it, and put it back, the cruise would work. very strange.
Anyways my question is, where do i go next. Im pretty knowledgeable when it comes to this crap, but ive never dealt w/ cruise controll.
so any input would be greatly appreciated.
thanx. Dirty

Do what the manual says, check/replace brake switch , and go from there, switch must have separate wiring for brake light and c.c. disengage.
why do you need cruise control anyway ? I dont know anybody who actually uses it

Old 03-01-06, 02:49 PM
Red face cruise

let me know if you find out how to fix this, cause my cruise will work for maybe 5 minutes and then it turns itself off, then I can't get it to come back on at all. thanks