1999Chevy Blazer Tranny

Old 03-04-06, 03:28 PM
Jim D
Visiting Guest
1999Chevy Blazer Tranny

My Blazer is blowing transmission fluid out of the base of the filler tube where it enters the transmission. While idling in park, the fluid just pours out of there. My book says it may be a plugged vent but it doesnt tell you where the vent is. Does anyone know where the vent is??

This problem began suddenly and was evident by hard shifting. Checked the fluid and it was gone, I found it all over the underside of the vehicle. Could this be caused by a plugged filter or could the problem be more severe??

Does anyone have any ideas what would be causing this??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-06, 02:32 PM
Jim D
Visiting Guest
1999 Chevy Blazer Tranny

Further investigation revealed that the fluid is coming from one of the cooling tubes. The leak is at the fitting on the tranny.

Any tips to get a wrench on that fitting?? I can barely see it let alone get a wrench on it. Will there be enough room if I remove the crossmember and tilt the tran/engine slightly?? I am thinking about cutting an access hole through the floor to get to it. Has anyone ever done this?

Old 03-05-06, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jim D
Further investigation revealed that the fluid is coming from one of the cooling tubes. The leak is at the fitting on the tranny.

Any tips to get a wrench on that fitting?? I can barely see it let alone get a wrench on it. Will there be enough room if I remove the crossmember and tilt the tran/engine slightly?? I am thinking about cutting an access hole through the floor to get to it. Has anyone ever done this?

Clean it up real good so you can look at it better, see what your options are maybe getting it from undercarriage is a better option,you may need to get whole line out and fix it at a shop then put it all back together.

Old 03-05-06, 09:31 PM
Put jack stand under tranny and remove cross member and you will have the space you need from under the truck. And yes I have done this before on a jimmy 4 x4.