Timing On A 95 Geo Metro?

Old 03-07-06, 11:54 PM
Timing On A 95 Geo Metro?

I'm having a problem with the timing on my 95 Geo Metro. To make a long story short, I messed up the timing trying to replace the seal behind the crank pulley. Now I can't get the timing right. I've tried to position the timing points in every possible way. I know that I have to align the mark on the bottom crank pulley to the mark on the engine. That part was easy but now I'm having difficulties with the top cam pulley. The top cam pulley has two marks, and one has a small dimple below it. I'm not sure which one to align to the notch located on the valve-cover. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Does anyone know of a site that has a diagram of the timing for this car?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-06, 06:45 PM
Check this http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d801df3f8.jsp

Last edited by our442; 03-09-06 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-08-06, 11:24 PM
Page not found......?

Old 03-09-06, 03:16 AM
suggest buying a manual or getting a subscription to all data or chilton online your local parts store may carry a timing belt book put out by gates, that is fairly good that covers alot of vehicles.
not sure what link he was trying to post but autozone has some repair info for a few vehicles listed on there website, they had no repair info for your model last time I checked.
unless someone specificaly remembers doing a timing belt on an identical engine and what marks to use and actually replies to your post, you probably will not get much help and its probably not something you want to guess about as alot of vehicles are considered interference which means there is not enough clearance for the valve to be open and the piston to be at tdc without damaging something usually it is the valve that bends but piston damage has been known to happen also so without knowing for sure if your engine is interference or not this simple repair could turn into alot more.

Old 03-09-06, 03:17 AM
Old 03-09-06, 04:59 PM
try www.eautorepair.net or go to Oreilly Part store.. they have free access to this from Mitchell Repair

Old 03-11-06, 11:39 PM
Ok, whew, I was able to finally install the timing belt. You guy's all were a big help. Thanks!