What's the best things to do for tune-up...

Old 03-09-06, 07:55 AM
Question What's the best things to do for tune-up...

to a newer car? 03 Sentra SE-R 2.5L two years of driving. It has platinum spark plugs, I don't know what kind of timing it has. I am thinking of getting an after market air intake system to help with fuel mileage. Would this change what needs to be done for the tune-up?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-06, 10:37 AM
Buy a manual and it will help you to tune your engine.It will pay for itself in no time.

Old 03-09-06, 04:54 PM
Group Moderator
Skip the aftermarket stuff unless you want it for the looks. Other than that, follow the preventive maintenance schedule in your owner's manual. Most "tune-ups" nowadays are basically spark plugs and fluids. When you get a little more mileage on you can add plug wires and distributor cap & rotor (if so equipped).

Probably the easiest and most widely disregarded step you can take to improve fuel economy is to check your tire pressures on a regular basis and keep them up to pressure.

Old 03-09-06, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Geeman
to a newer car? 03 Sentra SE-R 2.5L two years of driving. It has platinum spark plugs, I don't know what kind of timing it has. I am thinking of getting an after market air intake system to help with fuel mileage. Would this change what needs to be done for the tune-up?

Thanks

How many miles on this car ? Usually nothing major needed unless miles are high, check belt(s),air & fuel filter and of course change oil and filter, also check tire pressure as noted above.
Cold air intakes are good but stay away from the cheap stuff, get K&N or Better.