1995 Explorer Heater blowing AC cold

Old 03-17-06, 04:54 AM
Question 1995 Explorer Heater blowing AC cold

Hello,
I have a1995 Ford Explorer Eddie B loaded and very nice ride, that when I had the oil changed and the filters changed I tried to turn on the heat and for some reason it is cold and actually running the ac even when I set it to 90 and the cabin temp shows 45 degrees. This just happened after the oil change service. It may not have a thing to do with it but seems odd. I checked the lines to the heater coil and they are both hot and circulating fine. I recently purchased the explorer and have been hearing the vent motors continually trying to move making a shuttle sound. The heat and air was proper and heated and cooled on demand. To me it seems the cabin sensor may be telling the computer to cool instead of heat due to false info. I also checked the defrost and it too is blowing cold. Also I did replace the Power antenna but I cant see what that may have to do with it since I am getting air flow just not the right temp. Can anyone help on this. Thanks B

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-06, 08:02 AM
First check mixing valve on heater hose.Check thermal limiter in assembly for short or burnd out

Old 03-18-06, 03:59 AM
Question 442

Thanks for your reply. I was playing under the dash and opened the vent door for recir. air and the heat started working or rather it started blowing heat. I opened it and let the air slam it shut 3 times.... Thats all. The door is located just behind the dash pocket. I wonder if I have vaccum problems because the cold start on the engine will surge until I get it hot. Vaccum was mentioned for the cause of the surge in the Haynes manual. If I am loosing vaccum how can I check and or find that leak?

Old 03-18-06, 10:10 AM
Check all Vaccum lines on heater and on engine use a soap and water mix but watch around electrilcal parts.

Old 03-21-06, 04:49 PM
Heat pushing ac cold

Thanks i will try. This morning it did it again and i pulled the recirculating door vac line and there was zero vaccum! (door closed and I have yet to see it open on its own) After driving approx 45 min and tried the heat several times it started working and the noise in the dash keeps on like it cant shift something. The air temp is either hot or cold but nothing in the middle so when I get too hot reguardless of the setting on the digital control I have to cut it off till I need to warm up again. It seems if the ambient temp is around 50 deg F it will work as I described and at lower temps it just pumps ac air with the compressor running full blast! This thing is really a pain in the /?#$%$#$. I really appreciate your assistance. If I find someone with a diagnostics reader for the computer will it show the problems I am having and where to address my attention?

Old 03-21-06, 09:56 PM
I dont think it will,Try lube on doors and keep looking for a air leak. (This is just my opinion.)

Old 06-02-06, 01:53 PM
95 Ford Explorer AC/Heat noise with blower or damper

I have a 95 Explorer also but a little different. When I start the enging, it will sound like something is trying to change gears or something in the blower assembly below the glove box. I can actually feel it thumping when I touch the bottom of the black plastic encasement.

When I turn the ac on and the blower at max, sometimes the thumping noise goes away but lately it still thumps getting worse. It does the same thing when I turn the heat on. Same noise/thumping.

It almost sounds like maybe the damper is trying to close but gets stuck and can't close but repedily trys over and over again. I actually banged the hell out of it with my hand one time and the noise stopped but when I turned the car off, then back on, the thumping noise returned.

HELP PLEASE ITS NERVE RACKING

Search this Thread