95 Blazer Start Problem

Old 03-17-06, 05:35 AM
95 Blazer Start Problem

Recently in my 95 Blazer the ball-bearings on my alternator started to go.. I caught it early before it actually failed, I purchased a alternator from a junk yard and changed it, very simple I changed an alternator before and had no problems. When i was done connecting it i tried to start the car... nothing... it would crank but not start....

I assumed that it was a bad alternator from the junk yard and placed the old one back in the truck just to be sure bacuse it would still start the car... when i was done putting the old one in i went to start it expecting that it would be fine... but nothing ... it would crank but not start...

At this point i have asked many people and cannot find a problem.. i do not have the money to bring it to a repair shop.. and i have hit a dead end... the battery is fine... all the wires were connected back correctly and the belt is on and tight....

Any help would be greatly appriciated! Thank You!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-06, 07:44 AM
1Check to see if fuel pump is running when key is first turned on,Should run for 3-4 seconds.2 Pull a spark plug wire off and see if you ar getting spark when cranking engine. (This is just my opinion.)

Old 03-17-06, 05:40 PM
did you disconnect the battery? if not you may have blowed a fuse changing the alt.

Old 03-18-06, 04:53 AM
p.s. i guess i forgot to write that part... i disconected the battery during installation and it has enough juice (its a good battery) its still reading at 12 volts.

Ok.. this is now where i stand... i checked the spark plug... (ty our442) it was sparking which certinally narrowed down the problem a bit. I then started thinking about it and went out and bought some ether... while spraying the ether into the air intake i atemptd to start the vehicle (there is 2 people working on this) IT STARTED!! (recharging the battery as well, knowing that it is not a bad alternator) but as soon as we stoped the ether the truck stalled... so should i assume that it is a fuel problem? what type?

Thank You for Your Comments and Help!

Old 03-18-06, 09:54 AM
Check fuel pump fuse and relay in engine bay and check fuel filter if not that then check fuel pump.

Search this Thread