00 dodge dakota trans prob

Old 03-17-06, 05:33 PM
00 dodge dakota trans prob

My buddy has a 2000 dodge dakota 5.9 rt he had to replace the transmission, he replaced it with a used one. It will not shift into overdrive, if you hold it on the floor letting it shift at red line it will shift into overdrive every time once you kill it and let it cool it goes back to not shifting. took it to the transmission shop it has no codes the problem they found is the trans temp sensor is reading 29 degrees but the trans fluid is at proper temp. what would have to be changed to correct this?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-06, 09:12 PM
Sounds like used transmission is not to good,But try changing trans temp sensor and see what happens.I take it is auto transmission so check all lines for any damage. (This is just my opinion.)

Old 03-19-06, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by our442
Sounds like used transmission is not to good,But try changing trans temp sensor and see what happens.I take it is auto transmission so check all lines for any damage. (This is just my opinion.)
I failed to mention that its an automatic, we checked the lines all good, where would the temp sensor be located?