Installing Satellite Radio - Any Vehicle

Old 03-18-06, 11:48 AM
CacheMan
Visiting Guest
Installing Satellite Radio - Any Vehicle

Anyone ever install a satellite radio (Sirius Sporster) receiver in their vehicle? I have a Nissan Titan and I'm looking to 'hard wire' the power so that I dont need the cigarette lighter adapter. From what I understand from the installers at Besy Buy, they use the cigarette adapter that comes with the unit, and cut the adapter end off. I'm just not sure how or where to splice the wires after doing that. I'm concerned about connecting it the right amp and the fuse that is typically found in the adpter end.

Thanks for any help!!!

Old 03-19-06, 08:41 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For about $7.00 you can get a power outlet to wire up and hide so your install looks hardwired, but you will be able to unplug it and use it in another vehicle if you wish.

Old 03-20-06, 11:56 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is how I did my Nisassan Xterra, looks and works great. I am very happy with the Sirius satellite radio.

Jeff

Old 03-22-06, 04:42 PM
CacheMan
Visiting Guest
What do you mean by a power outlet? The power cable should run out of the Sirius unit and up under the dash (is what I'm thinking). Do you have a pic of your setup by chance?

Thanks!

Old 03-23-06, 02:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah they mean a normal power outlet like you would see in a house. But if you want couldn't you just wire the power from the sat. radio unit to a fuse in your cars fuse box that is hot when you turn the car on. Like if your cigarette lighter only works when your cars on then just put the wire in w/ that fuse. That is how I hooked up a lot of stuff when I had a show car. Like my gauges I had run to an ignition fuse which mean when I turn the car on the gauge will get power. Hope this helps. Good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: