Broken passenger mirror - need part or new mirror

Old 03-21-06, 09:04 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Broken passenger mirror - need part or new mirror

My wife backed my truck out of the garage the other night and snapped the passenger mirror on my truck. It is not broken completely off nor is the mirror itself broken. I didn't take the mirror off but I can see that the piece the mirror swivels on is snapped off. The wiring is in tacked and the mirror housing (attached to the mirror and truck) are in tack. I was wondering if anyone knew if I can just get a replacement piece (the swivel) to fix this or an I going to have to break down and purchase a whole new mirror system?

Here is my truck info:
2004 F-150 Super Crew 4x4 with power, heated, and signal in the mirror. It is the passenger mirror.

Any help here is much appreciated and if you got any good places to order from. Thanks.

Ray

Old 03-21-06, 09:13 AM
Try calling around to some junk yards, some yards you can take off just what you need. Oh and make sure your wife pays for it.

Old 03-29-06, 04:23 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
have you checked ebay? or you can also try at carpartswholesale for your mirrors. i've made several purchases from them and they give some discounts. thought might help you. good luck.

Old 03-29-06, 04:34 PM
B
or as a last resort i would go to the dealer(god i hate saying this$$$) and have or get the original part. by the way, my wife doesn't even have a set of keys to my truck, the spares are in a safty deposit box at the bank. if i croke i don't give a d*** what happens

barry

Old 03-29-06, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by try2doitright
My wife backed my truck out of the garage the other night and snapped the passenger mirror on my truck. It is not broken completely off nor is the mirror itself broken. I didn't take the mirror off but I can see that the piece the mirror swivels on is snapped off. The wiring is in tacked and the mirror housing (attached to the mirror and truck) are in tack. I was wondering if anyone knew if I can just get a replacement piece (the swivel) to fix this or an I going to have to break down and purchase a whole new mirror system?

Here is my truck info:
2004 F-150 Super Crew 4x4 with power, heated, and signal in the mirror. It is the passenger mirror.

Any help here is much appreciated and if you got any good places to order from. Thanks.

Ray

Go to the dealership they'll let you know what parts you need to fix it, I don't think you need to buy the whole thing but if you do oh well it's a nice truck,
or try aftermarket if you don't love your truck that much, also your comprehensive insurance should cover this too if your deductible is not too high it might be worth it.

Old 03-29-06, 05:08 PM
Isnt there a junk yard around that has wrecked cars?

Old 03-30-06, 04:09 AM
M
My 2 cents

I really doubt a Ford dealer has parts for it they like to sell the whole unit for big bucks.
However you might want to go to a late model wrecking yard were you can get it for half the cost if you can find one with all the features yours has like heated and built in blinker.
Now my question is it color matched if so that is another issue to make it look good.

Old 03-30-06, 08:06 AM
The aftermarket is cheaper than an used one.There is one out there,Parts Fit.They sell fenders,Mirrors,hoods and other auto body parts.I do not know if they have a website and their delivery is very good,you get it the next day after ordering the day before.

Old 03-31-06, 07:54 AM
dougger
Visiting Guest
With a truck that is that mass produced Ebay will be your best bet. I've bought two sets of mirrors off Ebay already.

Set #1 was for my wifes daily driver, a 2000 Ford Excursion 4x4 diesel with the tow mirrors. The driver side mirror had a crack in the plastic base so I called the cheapest Ford parts department in MN to find $175 would buy the one side. I found a seller on Ebay with a ton of new Ford OEM mirrors (heated, power, telescopic) and picked up a set (both sides) for $152 shipped.

Set #2 was for my fathers 2003 E250 van which had the drivers side mirror ripped off my his partner. Ford wanted Over $100 for one so I found a set (both sides) brand new take offs for $70 shipped.

The broken mirror on the Excursion was actually salvaged a year ago and put on my friends F350 which has his ripped off by an out of control car!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: