91 civic won't start

Old 03-25-06, 09:37 AM
91 civic won't start

I just changed the rotor and distributor cap on my 91 Honda Civic 4 door sedan 1.5L engine. The car will not start. I verified and triple checked the firing order as 1-3-4-2. I put the old parts back on just to be sure that it wasn't something I bought but I got the same results. I did not replace the wires but I figured it would be too much of a coincidence for them to be causing this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sal

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-06, 09:28 PM
vhfireman
Visiting Guest
When you pulled the wires loose of the plug were you careful to only pull on the boot, or did you pull on the actual wire. Last time I replaced plugs and not the cruddy old wires I pulled the wire off the connecting ring on one and had the same problem. If the wires are real old, and you may have ripped one loose replace the wires.

Old 03-25-06, 11:02 PM
Cool Tacos

SOUNDS LIKE YOU PULLED SOMETHING LIKE THAT GUY SAID^^^, AND DIDNT PUT IT BACK, DOUBLE CHECK YOUR WIRING.......

OR IS YOUR BATT. CONECTED?:wmann3:

Old 03-26-06, 07:42 AM
Thasnks for the replys. I went and replaced trhe wires but still have the problem. I then went and checked the ECU for trouble codes and got a 10 which is intake air temparature and 16 which is check fuel injection system. I have heard that a bad main relay can cause the 16 so I checked that and it seems OK. I am not sure what to check from here.

Old 03-26-06, 11:09 AM
Is fuel pump working. Sould hear pump run for 2-3 sec. when key is turned on.(This is just my opinion.)

Old 03-26-06, 01:27 PM
Arrow

I found the problem to be the ignition coil. I found the what the resistor readings should be and when I tested ihe coil the readings were to high. Put a new coil in and the car started right up.

Thanks to all for your input.

Sal

Search this Thread