input on hurricane resister sensor

Old 03-25-06, 05:24 PM
ALMOST
Visiting Guest
input on hurricane resister sensor

reading about hurricane senor that will boost hp 15 to 20 hp , have a 4.6 ford 150 truck and need more power , been to there site and all i get from them is a shopping cart and no address to buy it from , they want a credit card , has anybody out there had any exsperence with this hp booster and is it what it says it is? thanks in advance to all

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-06, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by ALMOST
reading about hurricane senor that will boost hp 15 to 20 hp , have a 4.6 ford 150 truck and need more power , been to there site and all i get from them is a shopping cart and no address to buy it from , they want a credit card , has anybody out there had any exsperence with this hp booster and is it what it says it is? thanks in advance to all
Stay away from the mickey mouse stuff,hurricane I think is just a scam, try k&n air intake and a flowmaster exhaust for starters, You're not going to get 20HP unless you install a modified camshaft or some major mods to the engine though, cold air intake will give 5 or 6 at the most same with high performance exhaust .try performance chip too if you're gonna keep this truck.
I've bought parts here check it out :
www.autopartswarehouse.com

Old 03-25-06, 05:57 PM
ALMOST
Visiting Guest
thanks lou

did'nt no what to think about this sensor , did'nt like the way they had there site set up with no email address to find out more about it , you have helped with my thoughts about this ,

Old 03-26-06, 05:21 AM
The 4.6 is pretty efficient
I would highly doubt any one single bolt-on of could free up or produce 15 HP
Except for a turbo or blower

The lack of info from the site is enough to not purchase it anyway

Old 03-26-06, 03:04 PM
ALMOST
Visiting Guest
almost back to all

thanks for the info , will steer clear of this add on sensor

Old 03-27-06, 07:00 PM
I was thinking about this resistor add on to an intake temp sensor. I thought about this for a while in terms of C/C++ code. It would appear in my terms the code depending on the programmer and algorithm would cause the ecu to look at a table or calculate the fuel and ignition for the offset input (due to resistor) and correct the ignition from the knock sensor and o2 input to put the engine back to 14.7-1 ratio for the cat.

Belive it or not a side of affect of code in the ECU will compensate for an ageing motor (leaky rings and valve seals and desiring a 14.7-1 ratio).

So my assumption with this product is that it completely depends on the code written and whether or not it will compensate for this voltage offset over time. I don't know much about proprietary ecu's but i do know that o2 voltage reading and frequency plays a big role for emission. This varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

For a quick short term response( hook in drag race I could see it working) in the long run most likely not that is what fuel trims are for.

I have only worked with F1 ecu's which are stupid, simple, and basic when compared to street car's ecu's.

side note:
I admire shop mechanics compared to professional race teams mechanics, because street cars are way way way harder to work on, and I have seen many shop mechanics that would tear so called professional race mechanics apart and school them.

Just a reminder professional race mechanics you see on tv are not the best of the best most of the time.

Old 03-27-06, 07:30 PM
ALMOST
Visiting Guest
hey i would buy into this

if they had a ph number our email address , what they are saying is the factory setting on new trucks are set for fuel eff , which means they are set to run lean , this sensor is suppose to change the fuel to a richer setting and advance the timing for more hp and torqe , who no's what and how this thing works , it maybe just a gimick , guess i won't find out , no number is a sign they just don't want to talk about it lol , thanks for the responce and i'm gone for now

Old 03-27-06, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by slickshift
The 4.6 is pretty efficient
I would highly doubt any one single bolt-on of could free up or produce 15 HP
Except for a turbo or blower

The lack of info from the site is enough to not purchase it anyway

small V8's are efficient but they lack lots of torque, seen this first hand on a tahoe 4.8 LV8, compared to a suburban 5.3 LV8 , even though both are small blocks 5.3 feels a lot better and mpg is almost the same.

Search this Thread