probably a stupid question

Old 03-26-06, 05:52 PM
Red face probably a stupid question

can you put cruise control on a standard transmission vehicle?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-06, 06:08 PM
Yes you can but it can be a pain because you have to still shift gears when needed. (This is just my opinion.)

Old 03-27-06, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by old ranch house
can you put cruise control on a standard transmission vehicle?
Yes, you can. You may need 2 cancelation switches instead of one, one for brake and other for clutch pedal.

Old 03-27-06, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by our442
Yes you can but it can be a pain because you have to still shift gears when needed. (This is just my opinion.)

It is not a pain to use because you usually only use cruise on the highway which means your usually leaving it in top gear anyways for the next hundred miles. I have cruise on my manual car stock.

Old 03-28-06, 06:48 AM
Group Moderator
Ditto; I've had cruise on several stick shift vehicles. I don't believe they require a second safety switch on the clutch. If I recall correctly the electronics in the main control will sense the increase in engine rpm and disengage if you mash the clutch while the cruise is on. I would have to try it on my current automatic vehicle, but I think the same thing happens if you were to bump the shifter into neutral on an automatic while the cruise was on.

Old 03-28-06, 03:52 PM
My truck is stick shift with factory cruise installed which has two switches, one on brake and other on clutch pedal, touching a clutch pedal will disengaged the cruise, mine is Toyota 4x4 if that will make any differ.

Old 03-28-06, 07:16 PM
Group Moderator
The controls I had on stick vehicles were all aftermarket; probably the factory stuff has a clutch switch.

Search this Thread