aftermarket CD player removal/installation?

Old 03-28-06, 04:34 PM
hennez36
Visiting Guest
aftermarket CD player removal/installation?

i am trying to remove a sony cd player from my '98 civic hatch, and replace it with a new pioneer deck. i am able to get the dash apart, but i am having trouble pulling the deck out. i think there might be some clips or some sort of security device keeping it in place. any advice or info would be helpful, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-06, 07:10 PM
Group Moderator
I think you'll find that you need some special removal clips. Normally they insert along either side of the deck and release hidden security latches and deck slides out. Check with your local electronics store like Circuit City or Best Buy; they may either have the little clip tools or give you additional info on doing the removal.

Old 03-28-06, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by hennez36
i am trying to remove a sony cd player from my '98 civic hatch, and replace it with a new pioneer deck. i am able to get the dash apart, but i am having trouble pulling the deck out. i think there might be some clips or some sort of security device keeping it in place. any advice or info would be helpful, thanks.
All I COULD FIND WAS FOR 94 civic.http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...Parameters=021