Can't open car door from inside

Old 04-05-06, 02:51 PM
Can't open car door from inside

I have a 1998 Honda CRV,4 door.I have been having trouble with the pass front door. It was sticking so I sprayed some w-d 40 and it worked a little better.Now when I try and open the handle comes outward from the door (moves away from the door and stays there until I push it back, but nothing happens,can't open) but doesn't open the door. I can open the door from the outside. I'm guessing I might have to take off the inside of the door to get to the guts of the handle.Would any one have a link or info ,so I can see how to get to the guts.Unless someone has a better idea,willing to try anything.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-06, 05:18 PM
bob1934,

this is what i would do, remove the panels from both front doors(drivers side and passengers side) and look at the mechanics of each, and then correct the disfunctional part in the passengers side( i think that it is a nylon type bearing that has worn through ).

let us know how it goes,

barry

Old 04-06-06, 04:21 AM
How to take apart

Is there any place I can find a diagram of how to take apart the interior of the door. I would rather not end up destroying the interior of the door.