need advice chain or independent muffler shop

Old 04-05-06, 03:42 PM
need advice chain or independent muffler shop

Well today I was backing my 2000 Corolla and sure as day I hit a high curb going backward Well long story short exaust is bent and making all kinds of noise from it hitting the heat shields.
I drove to a close by shop that is a chain it starts with the letter M. I do not know if I can say the shop but it starts with M and ends with S and is 5 letters long.
They put her on a lift and sure as day saw it myself the whole exaust is bend to the left and also it crushed the exaust dounut.
Anyway for about 100 bucks I can get it fixed or plan B a small muffler shop in the bad part of town that always has someones car on the rack I do not know how much it will be there but I am sure it will be under 100 bucks since this guy might be a Illegal but he works on a lot of cars because I go by there everyday.
The shop that is part of the chain has ASE mechanics while the other shop has maybe just got out of prison types.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-06, 04:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Normally I would say go with the independent but yours sounds a little too independent.

Old 04-05-06, 05:54 PM
yep

Yep you are right the shop is in North Fort Worth Texas and if you have ever seen the show cops they have lots of shows from there.
My father in law lives there and we take care of him so we go every day 22 miles to see him.
I better maybe just spend the 100 because my spanish is not so bueno.
I am still mad at myself that I ran into that blasted curb and could not even blame the wife.

Old 04-05-06, 06:23 PM
i would go with goldstar's first suggestion also, but hey, the car is 6 yrs. old, still has lotsa life in it (toyota, nuff said).
$100.00 bucks ain't that bad for a chain shop, might also be able to apply it to your deductable if you chose to file a claim with your insurance. we here at diy, like to offer fixes that you can do yourself, but there are times when we have to go ahead and let someone know that a pro may be in order to correctly solve the problem.

barry

Old 04-05-06, 06:56 PM
wont claim it

Yes I will just eat the 100 dollar poor driving skills mistake and have them do it for 100 bucks since they will have to drop the exaust and straighten it out.
I do not have the tools for such a job like a lift or torches.And the car only has 50 thousand miles on it so it is worth getting fixed right.

Old 04-06-06, 10:45 AM
update

Got it fixed at the chain store I am a happy camper again car sounds nice and quiet again and price was just as they said 100 bucks.Only took about 30 min to fix.