ice cream van

Old 04-10-06, 01:35 AM
Question ice cream van

i need to instole a invertor to put a coffee machine in my ice cream van doise any one has idea wat size to put on and where i can finde the invertor.Some one say that has to be a 6000w but what else do i need? Any help it would be apprecieted.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-06, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator
sparkup,

To power a coffee maker from a 12 to 120 volt inverter is the most least efficient way of powering it up.
My good inverter link is gone but I believe that a 6kw inverter will draw up to 180 amps on the 12 volt side. You will have a hard time keeping an alternator in your vehicle from burning up and running it off batteries will drain them down in no time.

How are you handling other power requirements in your van?
I have worked on a few mobile concessions and they almost exclusively use Honda powerplants for the entire electrical load.

Old 04-11-06, 12:44 PM
inverter

i have a 1000 w invertor and i power a mixing machine and a hot plait for hot choclate and have not problem with it. Howhaver i was thinking to run a expresso machine with a hot dog baienmarie asuel as, the other thing is i have a an ice cream machine that is run by a drive shaft which it can be use to have an ultinetor on to accomodate a biger invertor and a bactery would that work or could work?

Old 04-11-06, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator
Sorry sparkup I don't quite understand what you are asking.

Before you can really get any good advice you will need to tell us exactly what the amperage draw or exact wattage and voltage is for what ever you are trying to power.
"Some one say" you need a 6000 watt inverter is not exact enough to go shopping for more equipment.

Let us know the exact specs of what you are working with.