97 ford ranger windshield wiper problem

Old 04-11-06, 01:33 PM
Question 97 ford ranger windshield wiper problem

I was looking through the post and saw a lot of wiper problems for chevys, but I have a 97 Ford Ranger with the 4.0 and 5 spd. The the windshild wipers will go on for no reason. They will go to the high speed position and won't go off unless I turn the switch on and off. It seems to happen anywhere. It's not like I hit a bump and they came on it's anywhere they want to, even sitting still at a stop light. Also sometimes I want to clean my windshield so I press the spray button and nothing happens. Later it will work. So I don't know what is going on. I look like an idiot with the wipers on high speed going down the highway. Any help?

Also this is not related but my radio is stock but won't turn off when you press the button. It seems to me that when you push it to off it comes back out too far. I don't know if this makes sense but just seeing if anybody knows anything.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-06, 04:15 PM
Its the switch on the end on the rod where they turn on. Its called a multi-function switch. They go out once in a while on Fords. Been a while since I changed one but as I recall, not too tough.

Can't help you on the radio.

Old 04-16-06, 04:02 PM
thanks for the help