Infinitely Draining Battery

Old 04-11-06, 06:00 PM
Infinitely Draining Battery

I've searched for weeks for the source that is draining my battery on my 2003 Yukon Denali. I found that the rear AC fan never turns off. It slowly runs drawing about an amp until my battery dies. Does anyone have an idea what controls the switching off of the power to different circuits once the truck is turned off? How do I identify what electronic element is bad?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-06, 03:46 AM
you should get some tsb's and read them as they may be of some help in fixing the problem try your local dealer, or autozone, or some general repair shops with chilton online, shop key or all data software they should be able to print you off a tsb.
here is the link to all data that just gives the title of the tsb there is atleast a couple that you should be interested in reading one involving battery draw and the other involving blower motor innoperative or wont shut off.
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/23/0323bLj1.html
just guessing as ive not seen the problem on your model before, some vehicles use an electronic module for the blower speed control they are usually located in the a/c heater box much like a blower resistor would be on an older vehicle and most of the time are located fairly close to the blower motor itself usually when they fail the blower motor will run all the time.