2002 hd2500 chev power steering problems

Old 04-15-06, 11:07 AM
my86chevy
Visiting Guest
2002 hd2500 chev power steering problems

Yesterday my power steering started to make a loud humming noise when you are turning the wheels back and forth and you are just sitting there in park. If you get the rpm's up a little bit and then try it it will not make the noise. I checked the fluid and it is full but it smells really burnt. I am going to take the fliud out tonight and replace it with new stuff but i was wondering if anyone konws what might be going on with the pump. Is it a sign of it going out...are they simple to rebiuld? Also about 2 month ago when it was reall6y cold out I started the truck and the power steering and power brakes didn't work right away. I went to check the level of the fliud and noticed alot of foam in it. When i went back to use it everything was fine. Is this related to it?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-06, 12:20 PM
I've seen the hydroboost do funny things on those. It sounds like there is a restriction in the high pressure side of the system, and it might take have equipment to "T" into the system to test the pressure. And I wouldn't doubt it if the hydroboost had something to do with it.

Old 04-17-06, 05:38 PM
my86chevy
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info I will look into it. Do you know what should the pressure be at?