brake pads

Old 04-17-06, 05:49 PM
my86chevy
Visiting Guest
brake pads

I just went to the store today to buy brake pads for my wifes 2001 chevy impala. The guy behind the counter asked me if it was an LS or a standard and I told him it was an LS. When I got home I realized I had gotten our vehicles mixed up and that my wifes impala was a standard not an LS. I haven't taken old brake pads off the car yet to match the up to the new ones to see if they are the same size. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any differents between the two brake pads.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-06, 06:49 PM
According to the part numbers listed at rockauto.com, they should be the same.

Old 04-17-06, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by my86chevy
I just went to the store today to buy brake pads for my wifes 2001 chevy impala. The guy behind the counter asked me if it was an LS or a standard and I told him it was an LS. When I got home I realized I had gotten our vehicles mixed up and that my wifes impala was a standard not an LS. I haven't taken old brake pads off the car yet to match the up to the new ones to see if they are the same size. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any differents between the two brake pads.

he might have asked you for a reason, take out old pads and see if they match the ones you got, if not just go to the store and exchange them.

Old 04-18-06, 05:05 PM
my86chevy
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info. I will be replacing them this weekend so I will make sure to match them up.

Old 04-18-06, 06:00 PM
If you have the ls pads just call back and ask them to look up the part number for the std and see if its the same #. the computers always ask for this or that, if ever in dout ask him to look up BOTH part 's. If there the same your in business if there different then there different.

Old 04-21-06, 05:08 PM
you can call your dealership and ask them about it, or you may call the hotlines at Auto Parts Train, ask for their assistance, might help you with that. good luck.

Old 04-22-06, 12:35 PM
my86chevy
Visiting Guest
Just wanted everyone to know that I took the old brakes off today and they did match up together. Thanks for all the replies