Need some diagnosing help.

Old 04-17-06, 10:51 PM
Need some diagnosing help.

Hi, i own a 1996 eagle talon esi. I bought it not to long ago, when i bought it the previous owner said, he had the timing belt, water pump, hoses, clutch, and minor small stuff replaced. It is ten years old. He also told me of a potential problem, the check engine light likes to go on. He said he took it to a mechanic and they used a computer to read the codes, they returned that it was an oxygen sensor. Well he had it replace but the code was still there, so his mechanic thought it was a glitch in the computer. It drives fine, but today i notice my car was leaking something. Not very much, the liquid dried as a light (very light) brown substance, I am assuming it could be one of 2 things: the A/C is sweating alot, or the oil leak. any clues? it doesnt smell like anything. But my AC is kick butt though. Also if anyone here lives near peoria AZ, could you give me any info on good places to find parts for cheap for example im looking for a new (preferably prepainted (white)) front bumper because the last person hit a coyote. I am short on tools here, i moved here to go to school any advice would be good thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-06, 04:39 AM
First off, there's tons of O2 codes that don't mean the O2 sensor is bad
There's a large possibility of that not being the problem
Post up the actual code
Have someone read again if you don't know what they are
Autozone or similar DIY parts places often read them for free or a small charge
Do not buy any parts until after posting the actual codes up here though

You'll want to put a big piece of cardboard or something under the car and find out exactly where the leak is dripping