Tacoma trailer wiring ?'s

Old 04-23-06, 05:42 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tacoma trailer wiring ?'s

I have a 2002 4X4 D-cab tacoma, put a "tailight converter" on it for the boat trailer set-up (to cover the amber turn signal issue), and now i'm noticing that i only get 9v out of my left turn signal, but 11v on the right, all the trailer lights work fine, except the left turn with only 9v. I have a solid ground everywhere, running lts are fine, but why would i only be getting 9v out of the left signal??? I tested up under the bed where i installed the kit, and still only 9v. Any ideas? thanks alot

Old 04-23-06, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by pfeff825
I have a 2002 4X4 D-cab tacoma, put a "tailight converter" on it for the boat trailer set-up (to cover the amber turn signal issue), and now i'm noticing that i only get 9v out of my left turn signal, but 11v on the right, all the trailer lights work fine, except the left turn with only 9v. I have a solid ground everywhere, running lts are fine, but why would i only be getting 9v out of the left signal??? I tested up under the bed where i installed the kit, and still only 9v. Any ideas? thanks alot

if everything works fine why do you worry about it ?
switch to decaf

Old 04-24-06, 08:30 AM
P
The left signal on the trailer DOES NOT work, because it only is putting out 9v, not enough to operate the turn signal. I tried re-wiring to make the right light operate it, and it's fine, so the 9v is the problem, wondered if anyone has seen this

Old 04-24-06, 01:54 PM
B
might check at the switch if its loosing voltage would expect it to be at the turn signal switch maybe not making good contact.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: