1994 Accord Distributor

Old 04-27-06, 01:19 AM
Unhappy 1994 Accord Distributor

I recently had my 1994 Accord 2.2 liter distributor replaced 4 times in the past month. Each time it did not work for some reason. The check engine light comes on after installation. The shop can't determine what the problem is. Has anyone ever heard of this or have suggestions?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-06, 04:52 AM
Group Moderator
It might help to know what codes are being set that are turning on the CEL.

Old 04-27-06, 06:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
We're not talking dealership shop, I have a feeling.

Old 04-27-06, 08:06 PM
4 times? Sure I've heard of it. It's called Stupid.

I hope you didn't get stuck paying for their poor efforts at solving whatever problem they didn't solve.

The codes are there for a reason. Take it somewhere else for repairs or post the codes here.

Old 04-28-06, 12:15 AM
Bad Luck Distributors

No, I didn't get stuck with all the bills. I only paid for one. I don't understand why the shop can't figure it out. I'll probably just take it by the dealership.

Thanks!

Old 04-28-06, 12:21 AM
Bad Luck Distributor

Originally Posted by DaVeBoy
We're not talking dealership shop, I have a feeling.
No, we're not. Maybe I'll take it there next?

Old 04-28-06, 01:44 PM
People like to bash the prices that dealers charge (and in a lot of cases they have come down for maintenance work), but they have access to special tools, information and expertise that many of the independent shops don't have available. Often, they also have some "test" parts that they can use when they need to.
After what you went through, if you aren't going to do it yourself, you probably should head for the dealer to get this problem resolved and behind you.

Old 04-28-06, 01:54 PM
while you should find a different shop, dont really see any reason to have to take a 12 year old car to the dealer there is plenty of shops that stay up to date in equipment and service manuals if it was alot newer model, then in alot of cases it is better to see the dealer for some problems such as driveability problems or check engine light problems.

Old 04-28-06, 05:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
This is actually quite fascinating. I am curious as to why they have been stuck on thinking it is the distributor. You have not offered us as to what is going on exactly. On another recent thread here, we were discussing distribution of spark and the poster said that his car will not start, and I posted how the coil and distributor works and creates high voltage spark from the 12volts it is being supplied with. Some other poster mentioned that the power has to come through some crank sensor. Maybe you have some issue with that.