Maxima Steering?

Old 04-27-06, 04:12 PM
av8erab
Visiting Guest
Question Maxima Steering?

I have a 97 Nissan Maxima with 125,000 miles. I just replaced the tires with very good ones. The old tires had a thump and rough ride down the road. I am thinking the stearing is doing something to the tires and I want to make sure I don't ruin the new tires. I do have new struts so I don't think it is those.

First question: I replaced the front rotors and brakes that were warped badly. Could this cause the tires to become untrue if the rotors are warped.

At 65mph the new tires give a good ride. At 70mph or more there is a vibration. Based on above what could cause this?

The car had an alignment about 20000 miles ago. With the new tires the car pulls to the left more then with the old tires. What could do this and do I need a new alignment.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-06, 05:39 PM
1: no, the brakes does not causing the tires wear uneven.

2: I'd check and balance all tires first.

3: I'd have an alignment check first, if alignment check out OK, cross the two front tires (left to right) then drive it again and see if it pull to the other direction or drive straight, if it does, tires problem.

Old 04-28-06, 03:10 PM
av8erab
Visiting Guest
How many new tires out there are not perfect. It seems like every time I buy tires there is something wrong with them. The last set I had to replace a tire because it pulled.

Do you think that because the car has 125000 miles that I will never be able to keep tires in good shape or track straight/

Thanks