What Would You Use?


  #1  
Old 04-28-06, 02:16 PM
chevyastro4x4's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Watertown
Posts: 591
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What Would You Use?

what would you use to plug the heater outlet on my rad in my 1990 chevy astro, i tried a bolt but the pressure blows it out after a couple of days.
 
  #2  
Old 04-28-06, 05:31 PM
Z
Member
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 335
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is this just a seasonal thing? or are you replacing the radator or something? if you want to take care of it permanitly, you can solder it.
 
  #3  
Old 04-28-06, 05:44 PM
S
Member
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 4,320
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can't run a bypass hose from outlet to inlet? Just bypass the heater core?
 
  #4  
Old 04-28-06, 09:12 PM
chevyastro4x4's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Watertown
Posts: 591
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zzzz1486
is this just a seasonal thing? or are you replacing the radator or something? if you want to take care of it permanitly, you can solder it.

permanitly, can't solder it because the rad is hard plastic
 
  #5  
Old 04-28-06, 09:16 PM
chevyastro4x4's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Watertown
Posts: 591
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slickshift
You can't run a bypass hose from outlet to inlet? Just bypass the heater core?
thats the problem they dont make a rad for my van that doesnt have just oil cooler and trans cooler, they only make one with both of those and a ext heater which mine has but mine connects to the intake manifold.
 
  #6  
Old 04-30-06, 03:12 PM
D
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try JB Weld with a bolt

I would try another bolt but this time put some JB Weld on the threads of the bolt right before you put it on and let it dry overnight, that bolt wont never come off, believe me I JB Welded a fly wheel on a garbage truck and I havent had the slighest problem with it yet, that stuff will hold anything.
 
  #7  
Old 04-30-06, 03:19 PM
chevyastro4x4's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Watertown
Posts: 591
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by derreksilvasnc
I would try another bolt but this time put some JB Weld on the threads of the bolt right before you put it on and let it dry overnight, that bolt wont never come off, believe me I JB Welded a fly wheel on a garbage truck and I havent had the slighest problem with it yet, that stuff will hold anything.

I'll Try That Thanks.
 
  #8  
Old 04-30-06, 03:28 PM
D
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no problem, good luck.
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: