93 Grand Cheerokee Trans Problem

Old 04-30-06, 12:30 PM
93 Grand Cheerokee Trans Problem

I have a 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a weird trans problem. The Jeep will drive normal for about 5 minutes as long as it's cool. As soon as it gets warmed up it'll stop moving. It won't really slip or anything until it gets warmed up. As soon as it's warm the trans completely goes out. Could this be a trans fluid, filter problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-06, 05:34 PM
Group Moderator
More likely you've got an internal problem. When the fluid warms up and thins out a little combined with the expansion of the internal parts, you're probably getting some fluid bypassing something. How many miles are on the beast.

Old 05-01-06, 08:28 AM
i just fixed my nissan truck that did the exact same thing, tell me when you let it get warmed up if you listen up under the car you might her like a bussing or grinding sound, heres what i did and it worked, change the transmission fluid and filter, when your done go to your local advance auto parts store and get some "Lucas transmission stop slip" pour one of them in it first then fill the rest up with regular trans fluid, (the lucas stuff is super thick to make it thinner put the whole bottle in a pot of water and boil it for a couple minutes otherwise you'll be pouring that stuff in for 10 minutes believe me its thick) now when your done filling it up warm it up and let the fluid circulate, if it works then ok but if it starts to wark and then stops put another thing of lucas in it, and/or you might want to change the fluid and filter again to clean out any excess grim that may have been in there still. hope this helps it worked for me and saved me a ton of money (4,000 was what they wanted to charge) good luck.