'89 Ranger no a/c

Old 05-02-06, 11:51 AM
Exclamation '89 Ranger no a/c

I just bought an 89 ranger 2.9L v-6 w/ manual transmission. I need help with my A/C I know that the compressor is good and there are no leaks but I dont know if I have the old r12 refrigertent or the new r134 how can I find out which one I need? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-06, 04:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm just curious about something: Are YOU just curious?......because... you say the compressor is good and there are no leaks. If that is the case, one would guess you have good a/c. Yet you want to know the type?

How do you know there are no leaks?

And if you find out (the type), do you have the knowledge and means to install it?

Just curious.

Old 05-03-06, 10:44 PM
Hey DaveBoy I just had a simple question I didnt need a smart remark, a simple yes I know what you need would have sufficed. Oh and by the way I found out the answer to my question and have already fixed the problem. and yes I do have the know how.

Last edited by toyotaman11769; 05-04-06 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-04-06, 02:56 AM
while your truck was originaly equiped with r12 there is so many refrigerants on the market there is really no telling whats in it now while a properly converted r134a vehicle will be obvious due to the underhood sticker that should of been added at the time of conversion showing date, location, freon amount and oil type and amount. but even the sticker is often left off.

Old 05-04-06, 04:42 AM
Take a look at your connections for adding refrigerant. Usually they are different for r12 compared to r134. Then look at one your sure has 134, that should help.

Old 05-04-06, 05:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by racbdlovr
Hey DaveBoy I just had a simple question I didnt need a smart remark, a simple yes I know what you need would have sufficed. Oh and by the way I found out the answer to my question and have already fixed the problem. and yes I do have the know how.
Believe it or not, my remark was not a smart remark...believe it or not. I just erred in my presentation. I did not post with any malice or smart alickyness. Seriously. Reread the post again and pretend that someone wrote it who wasn't trying to be smart and I think you could see what I mean...I hope. I was simply truly curious, that's all. I wanted to know if YOU were just curious about something, or if you had any kind of intent to try to fix something that might not need any fixing. Seriously.

It's not my style to get smart as I don't like for people to treat ME that way.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Dave

Old 05-05-06, 06:46 PM
Sorry Daveboy

Sorry DaveBoy I was having a bad day when I read your post I went back and read it again and understand now what you were trying to say. Please accept my appology.